View Single Post
redomin8
Old 01-18-2009 , 23:13   [ZP] Zombie XP - Human Classes - Leveling Up - v0.8 Update
Reply With Quote #1

I'm not going to be on the scene so anyone feel free to continue this. Discontinued 2-6-09.
Zombie XP

Zombie XP is a plugin which runs in UNISON with zombie plague.
It does not require editing the zombie plague file in any way.

This is a stable and safe plugin, but like all plugins, if there is a problem please post about it here, and I will help solve it.
  • (Be sure and update ZP Bank - with Autosave if you use this plugin)
  • If you install this, leave a comment with your server's IP address. I'll come check it out

Human Classes Only:
Update: Many people asked for JUST a human classes plugin. Just set the following CVARs at the end of your zombieplague.cfg (amxmodx/configs/zombieplague.cfg)
PHP Code:
zp_xp_removexp 1    //disables XP
zp_xp_removeweapons 1    //removes custom class weapons and enables CSDM
zp_xp_removezombie 2    //removes custom zombie classes 
Then just press J in game to show the human class menu.

Credits:
First and foremost, I would like to say thanks to the following people
  • MeRcyLeZZ coded a genius plugin, and I learned
    from his talent and even used some stock functions
  • Also, I'd very much like to thank G-Dog for all the help with creating
    ZP Bank, I used his code to learn nvault.
  • Thanks to AssKicR and xeroblood for making ExplodeString.

Good job guys!

Features:
  • Gaining levels unlocks stronger classes for both humans and zombies.
  • Human Classes - by default the CSDM weapon menu is disabled. As you level up, you can choose stronger human classes with better weapons.
  • Zombie Classes - The same as always (but found in Zombie XP's menu).
  • Saves Levels automatically.
  • Saves human and zombie class selection.

Additional Information
  • To view the Zombie XP menu type xpmenu. If you leave "#define ZP_BINDMENU" uncommented (Uncommented by default), you can also press "J" to show the Zombie XP menu.
  • You can level up, and each level costs more money than the last. This is a great plugin for servers where people spam infections grenades because there is no other reason to save their money.
  • Basic addon zombies have been provided for Zombie XP, and I can't wait to see what the community comes up with. No modified zombie classes have been provided without explicit permission from the owners (currently there are none attached).

How to Install
  • Just put zombie_xp.amxx anywhere after zombie_plague40.amxx in your plugins_zplague.ini. Then add the supporting zombies. Important note: You must remove/comment out all other zombies which do not support zombie xp. zombie plague uses indexes for zombies, and by adding zombies that do not support zombie xp, all classes' index will be incorrect.
  • The only exception to having non-Zombie XP zombies is to set cvar zp_xp_removezombie to 1 or 2, but doing so disables custom zombies (only humans will be listed, and zombies can be chosen from zombie plague's menu
  • Make sure human classes come FIRST, before ANY zombie classes

How to Modify Zombies for Zombie XP
  • It's really easy to convert zombie_plague zombies to a format required by zombie xp. Add "#include <zombiexp>", and just replace zp_register_zombie_class with zpxp_register_zombie_class, adding the required level at the end.
  • Example:
    PHP Code:
    zp_register_zombie_class(nameinfomodelclawmodelhealthspeedgravityknockback
  • Becomes:
    PHP Code:
    const hclass_level // level required to use

zpxp_register_zombie_class(nameinfomodelclawmodelhealthspeedgravityknockbacklevel
  • Humans use a similar function
    PHP Code:
    //Note: zclass_clawmodel becomes hclass_weapons
    const hclass_level // level required to use
    new const hclass_weapons[] = { WEAPON_AK47WEAPON_GLOCK18 // weapons 

g_hclassid zpxp_register_human_class(hclass_namehclass_infohclass_modelhclass_weaponshclass_healthhclass_speedhclass_gravityhclass_level

Some screenshots
Customization
  • zp_xp_welcomemsg 0/1 - Shows welcome message
  • zp_xp_removeweapons 0/1 - [0] Custom class guns, or [1] CSDM default menu
  • zp_xp_removexp 1/0 - Allows selection of any human/zombie class without checking for XP requirements
  • zp_xp_removezombie 0/1/2 - [0] Regular Zombie XP and classes. [1] Hide Zombie XP zombies and re-enable Zombie Plague's zombie list. [2] Same as setting with 1 (hide Zombie XP zombie menu + reenable Zombie Plagues menu) AND prevent Zombie XP classes from being registered with zombie plague. This requires a restart.

Code Notes
  • There is a clearly marked section of the code labeled "Editable Section follows", where you can edit some settings in the plugin.
  • #define TRIGGER_ZP_ITEM - Default: enabled - Uncomment to have an item added to zp's extra menu
  • #define TRIGGER_SAYMENU - Default: enabled - Uncomment to use say commands like "xp", "levels", "class", etc
  • #define ZP_BANK_AUTOSAVE - Default: disabled - Uncomment if you have redomin8's [ZP] Bank - With Autosave installed (fixes spending spree bug)
  • #define ZP_ALIGN_TEXT - Default: disabled - Uncomment to allow experimental menu alignment
  • #define ZP_GAMERUINER - Default: disabled - Uncomment to give levels to people
  • #define ZP_BINDMENU "j" - Default: enabled - Uncomment to automatically bind a letter to show our menu

Notes
  • To change the cost multiplier for leveling up (default is level*15 = cost) use zp_xp_costscale #. (Level 1 costs 15, level 2 costs 30, etc)
  • (ONLY IN BETA) To change someone's level, use zp_xp_set_level name #.
  • Be sure to comment out other zombies that do not support zombie xp, failure to do so will create unpredictable results (Unless you set cvar zp_xp_removezombie to 1 or 2)
  • Keep human names shorter than 32 chars (this is for a clean GUI)
  • If anyone can help with ZP_ALIGN_TEXT, that would be wonderful!
  • Be sure and update ZP Bank - with Autosave if you use this plugin
Attached Files
File Type: zip Zombie XP v0.8.zip (34.6 KB, 21064 views)

Last edited by redomin8; 02-07-2009 at 03:03.
Send a message via AIM to redomin8