View Single Post
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-19-2008 , 18:51   How To: Respawn a player
Reply With Quote #1

• I have seen many people struggle with this and am myself one of them (this effort was actually for the respawn portion of my CTF). I decided to finally figure out the perfect way to spawn a player in pawn and here is what I have come up with.

Code:
#include <fun> #include <fakemeta> //Call This public respawn_player(id) {     if(is_user_connected(id))     {         //Make the engine think he is spawning         set_pev(id,pev_deadflag,DEAD_RESPAWNABLE);         set_pev(id, pev_iuser1, 0);         dllfunc(DLLFunc_Think,id)         //Move his body so if corpse is created it is not in map         engfunc(EngFunc_SetOrigin,id,Float:{-4800.0,-4800.0,-4800.0})         //Actual Spawn         set_task(0.5,"spawnagain",id)     } } public spawnagain(id) {     //Make sure he didn't disconnect in the 0.5 seconds that have passed.     if(is_user_connected(id))     {         //Spawn player         spawn(id)         dllfunc(DLLFunc_Spawn,id)         //After 1.0 the player will be spawned fully and you can mess with the ent (give weapons etc)         //set_task(1.0,"player_fully_spawned",id)     } }

Last edited by GHW_Chronic; 08-20-2008 at 19:03.
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic