Thread: Vote on Join
View Single Post
MaNaReaver
Old 10-09-2021 , 20:32   Re: Vote on Join
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
What content goes in the menu/vote?
The content could be anything, ranging from questions/polls, with answers/options that can be chosen by a player.

Quote:
What kind of input?
User input is the option chosen by the player - that gets stored in a vault.
An admin could access those results with an amxx command, that shows the results - either on console, chat, or menu:
1. Question 1. <Question1>
2. Total Number of Votes: <TotalVotes1>
3. Vote on Option A) <Option1A> : <NumberOfVotes1A>
4. Vote on Option B) <Option1B> : <NumberOfVotes1B>
... with Questions ranging from 1 to N.

The questions and options can be stored in a file (questions.ini), which the plugin can use as strings to display the menu/showcase results.

The menu should display the following:
Question <1/N> : <Question1>
1. <Option1A>
2. <Option1B>
9. Next

Storing the option chosen by a user in the menu for each question can be carried out efficiently using this approach. However, the menu should open up automatically at a certain timeleft (preferably that can be set-up by a cvar), such that a player can vote and the results can be stored before map-change.

Quote:
What format are you expecting for the aforementioned undefined data?
A format that stores the results alongside a SteamID such that a player cannot vote multiple times (A check to make sure a player has voted/answered is essential here).

Quote:
Also, there is a very good probability that someone won't help you out without more details so if you'd be interested, one option would be to learn how to write your own plugin(s). I would say when you're making an effort to write your own plugin, you're more likely to get help (because it's less effort on our part; life is busy).
Unfortunately, I have no expertise with sql/vault modules, and have been unable to learn how to work with it over the last year, therefore I needed someone to help me out instead.

It won't just benefit me but many other servers who want to consider taking regular votes from players to receive suggestions/improvements/modifications, thus making people hold the choices instead of a moderator/owner.

Best regards,
MaNaReaver.

Last edited by MaNaReaver; 10-09-2021 at 20:52.