View Single Post
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-26-2016 , 11:18   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #23

To Cravenge,

Quote:
Until Valve finally fixes the issue, we use FakeZoey by DeathChaos as the only temporary fix atm.
I should put a note about this in the next readme along with the 8+ player and defib extensions. I don't use Windows servers but I've been testing lately on a virtual Windows server and I think I've handled Zoey pretty well. I just avoid messing with any "real" Zoeys the way I mess around with the other survivors. It pretty much works but on Windows that means you'll only get the real Zoey on L4D1 campaigns (when it's her turn to pop up) otherwise you'll get whatever abm_zoey is (by default it's Rochelle).

Quote:
Couldn't help but look at the signatures. I do wonder how you get them. Anyways, if others are using this and the plugin fails to load, here are updated signatures for Windows
I dread these things and can recall the day I found that I needed them. I would go to the api docs to find what I need and when I couldn't come up with a solution, I'd search for plugins that did what I wanted and I'd just go into them and learn how they achieved the effect I was after. The very first signature I got was in Merudo's works with "Survivor Bot Select". From his work and my looking for works that achieved what I wanted, I modelled all of my signatures after Merudo's style.

The signatures I have so far seem to work without any issue. Short of blowing a server up, the signatures you've provided are in case things break or do you know they'll break?

Quote:
Just looked at the source. May I try suggesting preparing the signatures in OnPluginStart rather than every time? It might cause 1-3 seconds of freezing on clients.
I haven't experienced any freezes switching between 32 clients in maybe 16 seconds but I love the idea of improving what I can where I can when I can I've almost purposely avoided any optimization whatsoever in favor of getting things working. In the end, I'm quite surprised how damn fast SM/SP is and at times I've found how it would upset me with how damn fast it is. A good example is adding bots. When I added 28 bots to the survivors I needed every bot to check the team size along the way. I'd add the 5th bot and the team size is already 32 (holy shit).

But I'll never mind any improvement

Quote:
However, Windows-based clients doesn't crash when using Zoey on Linux-based servers. Also, I'll try to help out in cleaning the source code. It's quite messy.
I'm open to ideas but if it's about my style, I'll admit, I wish to keep it the same. It's a Python throwback kind of style and I'm quite comfortable with going vertical than horizontal. But, I love your tips cravenge and I look forward to any ideas you have. Thank you very very much for your time