Thread: -delete-
View Single Post
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-25-2012 , 21:45   Re: [L4D2] Team Manager/Balancer/Statistics (v.3.6)
Reply With Quote #30

Just a quick note to anyone using this plugin.

version 3.6 sees the removal of left 4 loading as its core dependency, and it is replaced with my ready up plugin.
I've added a link to it on the original post, and it can also be found in my signature.

Ready Up gives server admins more flexibility over how the ready up system works, and, instead of locking the
door, simply freezes all players until the ready up period has ended. It also provides an (optional in the full version) HUD so players can see who is still loading, who is ready, who isn't, and who the spectators are.
You can fully configure it to allow players to ready up and start the round before the timer has reached 0, or to disallow players to ready up, and require the timer to count down, or to simply remove the ready up period altogether.

I've also written it, which will enable me to provide more punctual updates and fixes as I deem them necessary.
The new version of manager, as well as the new version of skyrpg will both require Ready Up.

I understand consumers' frustration with dependencies, but there are simply some forwards that I need, which
my Ready Up plugin was designed to provide. I hope you will understand my decision, as a result, to keep a
dependency, much to the requests of consumers to have the dependency removed altogether.

I've gone ahead and set the only file to download on the main page to be the new version of the plugin, and
have tested it to verify its integrity.

Thanks!