View Single Post
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2015 , 23:21   Re: Multi-Mod Manager v1.0-release_candidate2.hotfix2
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
Coming soon: mapCyclePathCoder( stringToCode, sizeof( stringToCode ) - 1, stringCoded )
Use charsmx() for string instead of sizeof - 1.

Quote:
It is just a variable (used a lot), and more 4 or 5. Despite that, all the code is 100% documented in english,
hence such thing would not be a problem, and some similar english variables names at a fully documented code, is a much way better than a zero documented code.
But, no worries, I will do a replace.
I didn't make the rules and they state everything must be in english.

Quote:
It is the same problem as the AMXX very own "adminhelp.sma". I cannot build I a big string as pawn is limited.
I must limit the output number as "adminhelp.sma", receiving a page list number to show and limit
each page to show only a big string supported.
It might work for a small number of lines. Pawn does not have any limitation on how big you can make a string (the OS is the limitation here). However, I'm guessing there is a limit on how long of a string you can print due to the game but I'd guess it'd be hard to hit. IIRC, your string isn't going to be that long when you include all of the text in a single string.

Quote:
I did not know this register_srvcmd(). Then now I can register a register_srvcmd to server_print, and another register_clcmd to client_print.
Maybe I was a little too definitive when I said what I said about this topic. I wouldn't always assume that (it is a rule of thumb) because there are some cases where you might need to use client_print() in a server command. It's better to understand the difference between the three different types of commands and prints that you can use: server, console, and client.

Quote:
print colored text more efficiently than at print_color.
Not if you want it to be for all modifications. You need to either remove color chat entirely or properly compensate for non-Counter-Strike mods. I'd personally recommend the former.

Quote:
receive commands more efficiently than "command arg1 arg2" even a for 1 argument command.
I'm not really sure what you mean here.

Quote:
Then this cannot be just a sort of things, it took me a lot time effort's to develop,
as its code now seen, my goal is to develop maintainable code, for example, it is completely documented.
FYI, documented code doesn't make it maintainable but often maintainable code contains a reasonable amount of documentation. You still need to code it intelligently by using the proper structures and organization.

Last edited by fysiks; 10-16-2015 at 23:22.