View Single Post
Shadowysn
Old 11-10-2019 , 00:07   Re: Passing CTakeDamageInfo to an SDKCall?
Reply With Quote #10

EDIT: Apologies for causing an XY problem, but damn it I did not realize whatever was causing it until it was too late. I really hate how my way of learning is to keep getting into problems I don't even realize completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
If you only care about the killfeed, just fire the player_death event yourself, that can all be done with natives built in to SM.
I'm already using that method, but I'd have to recreate all the code to pass onto the event in order to make a convincing feigned death.

Weapons, deathflags, tauntkills, so much stuff needed to do.
At it's current state the event will only report unique weapons as stock, as well as other inconsistencies. (Like taunt kills using the normal weapon's killicon instead.)
Plus, crit glows on the killfeed don't work for some reason.

End result would most likely be a long mess of code that can become outdated with any updates to the killfeed system, even if major updates don't happen.
Better reuse than copy, I guess.

I only made a bit of progress in the gamedata part because all the other things like CTFGameRules::DeathNotice still need CTakeDamageInfo.
And oddly enough, all of the DeathNotice function(s) weren't called in CTFPlayer's Event_Killed or FeignDeath function.

Instead, they called a weird function in the Linux binary - EconEntity_OnOwnerKillEaterEvent - that didn't need a CTakeDamageInfo passed to it, but I was unable to find it on Windows.
(The fact I'm using IDA Free which has no decompiler isn't helping.)

Welp, if all else fails I guess I'm gonna have to give up and use Source Scramble for this.

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Last edited by Shadowysn; 11-10-2019 at 02:06.