Thread: ELO Ranking
View Single Post
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-18-2008 , 08:03   Re: ELO Ranking
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJS View Post
Thanks for the float tip, however the only things this plugin will give you points for are kills and medic assists. It's supposed to rank you based on your skill, not how many times you stand on a capture point/set someone on fire etc.
No offense but I don't like this. Obviously I'm not going to use it but heres my opinion as to why;

Khat rushes in as a scout, distracts two soldiers and they begin to hunt him down, during this time Sammy comes in as a pyro and kills them both. Woot, the plan worked! But only Sammy gets the points for this on your stat-board.

Sammy runs in and starts gunning down MikeJS whom is a heavy, gets him to low health, then Khat gets a headshot on MikeJS, all that effort Sammy put into killing MikeJS goes to waste.

Not to mention this type of statistic gathering completely kills the idea of TEAMPLAY which is what TF2 is supposed to be orientated towards.

p.s I'm not ranting, good work with your plugin, I'm just letting you know why people might choose the other ones (Such as *a certain other plugin*, when it's completely released, where you get to truly see ALL of your stats on the server)