View Single Post
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2010 , 21:37   [TF2] Dispenser Detonator (0.2)
Reply With Quote #1

[TF2] Dispenser Detonator (0.2)

I coded this a few weeks before the engie update was released. Pretty much been a private plugin but decided to post it.

Description:

Makes dispensers explode dealing damage within a radius when destroyed from PDA.

The idea behind this plugin was, I wanted to try and mimic TFC's dispenser detonation ability. In TFC, you were able to destroy your dispenser to damage enemies within radius.

Commands:
The below commands allow engies to toggle dispensers detonating. (To allow for destroying a nearby dispenser without killing yourself)

Chat: !det / !detonate
Console: sm_det / sm_detonate

Install/Cvars:

- Place .smx into the plugins folder...
- Config is auto-created --> cfg\sourcemod\plugin.dispenser_detonator.cfg
(You can find all cvars there)

sm_dispenserdet_mode Cvar:
Just to briefly explain this cvar. There are 3 modes for calculating damage.

0 - Flat base cvar damage. (The damage will be whatever the base cvar is set to) <--boring
1 - Base cvar damage is multiplied by the dispenser level. (So if base is 50, a level 3 dispenser will do 50 * 3 = 150 damage)
2 - (Default):This mode uses some random equation I came up with and uses the metal, level and basedamage cvar for calculating the damage.

SDKHOOKS: This plugin uses optional SDKhooks. The reason I coded to use SDKhooks is because one of our servers allows for multiple dispensers. Without SDKhooks, this would emit the explosion from every dispenser location. Thats the only reason for it. Otherwise, it works fine without sdkhooks. If your server doesnt allow multiple dispensers, dont worry about it.

Other Info:
I may change it but, I currently use the building destroyed icon for dispenser detonator kills. (I also changed the weaponlog classname to dispenser as well). I couldnt decide if I wanted the default crossbones icon or the new building destroyed icon.

Changelog:

Code:
6/20/10 - v0.2 - Moved the non-sdk hook detonation function to its own stock. Put the particle duration to 6 secs instead of 5.
6/15/10 - v0.1 - Initial release.

Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (dispenser_detonator.sp - 715 views - 12.9 KB)
File Type: smx dispenser_detonator.smx (8.8 KB, 1480 views)

Last edited by retsam; 08-15-2010 at 15:08.