View Single Post
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2017 , 09:09   Re: TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
S'why I don't use online compilers. I keep a "clean" (unmodified) SourceMod install in a folder with new syntax-updated versions of many includes from these forums (updated by me, added for compatibility so I can compile things with custom includes) that I use for compiling my own plugins. Drag and drop the .sp file on compile.exe for a "test" compile so I can check for errors (because compile.exe's console window stays up). If I know something is fine, I'll drop it onto spcomp.exe for a speedy compile with no console window just to generate the .smx file in the same folder (another nice benefit, doesn't put them in /scripting/compiled).
You could instead use Notepad++ to compile for you (since you already mentioned you use it). Install the NPPExec addon from the plugin manager. Follow instructions here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=164

With NPP doing the compiling, it will stay in the NPP console and you can double click the error/warning to go straight to the line it came from. Then, map the macro to a shortcut key. So, when all is said and done, I press ctrl+shift+b to compile a script that is anywhere and the .smx will appear next to it in the same folder. Note: The includes will need to be in the include folder relative to your compiler path.

Currently, I run this script to compile:
Spoiler

I used to run a simpler script but found that on windows, pseudo mapped locations (through vsubst) seemed to add an extra slash, where it didnt for full paths. So, hence the checking for the slash at the end before adding it.

-----------------------------------------------

As far as converting the whole thing to PHP, I was planning on doing it some time, but am too busy until around April, so it likely wouldnt happen until then. As far as exporting the code for you:

When April comes around, I'll check back in on this, unless someone else beats me to it. Perhaps we can get a github repo going with a PHP or java version created.