View Single Post
Solokiller
Old 11-23-2016 , 14:26   Re: AngelScript Mod Loader
Reply With Quote #5

Well most of this is stuff that i spent months thinking about before actually doing it. When you've already figured it all out you just need to write everything down. Aside from getting the function addresses pretty much everything i've done is stuff that i already knew how to do, so it was just a matter of getting it all out there.

I've mentioned before that there was a way to get the script engine, and i've spent some time looking into Metamod before (the CMake port was part of this). And i have quite a bit of time right now, little school work to do but that's because i'm absolutely terrible at anything that's not programming
All this skill has to cost something, and that something is not being very good at my other tasks.

It does help to make things trivial of course, CMake makes programming a lot easier because you can share code so much more. It's cross-platform, supports multiple versions of the same build tools, so i've saved myself a lot of time. Once i get the deployment stuff set up i don't even have to package the files anymore, just let the script do it for me.

Last edited by Solokiller; 11-23-2016 at 14:27.