View Single Post
extrospect
Old 12-28-2009 , 13:30   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #27

Since the nosteam fix sorted whatever issue you had and your server is legit, I guess it should be fine for me to put it back in without worrying about ppl thinkin I'm encouraging cracked servers etc. ; will put it back into the next version, I can always remove it again if asked to ^^.

I have the infected scoring from that link downtown put up working pretty flawlessly now, the only limitation is that it can't "negatively-correct" hunter scores, what I mean by that is - while the new method can add to a hunter's score for when they exceed the ingame cap or when pounce dmg is scaled > 1, but it cannot subtract from a hunter's score for when scale is < 1 [I've tried allowing negative value thru the deal damage function but it doesn't work, however, I still don't fully get the method used by the function so maybe I will figure it out yet ^,^]. So scaling < 1 currently uses the old method and hunters will score as they would if scale were set to 1, but the victims will experience less damage, despite the hunter getting a few extra points .

I'm currently working on hooking into the ingame pounce dmg messages and hope to get this included in the next version too, will have to see how testing goes but there should be something new up in the next couple of days [definitely featuring hunter scoring, maybe with ingame msgs too :>].

Last edited by extrospect; 12-29-2009 at 18:56.