View Single Post
extrospect
Old 12-26-2009 , 11:57   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #24

Cheers for testing it out for me and glad it works for you all now =), I dunno exactly how well the keyvalues system copes with massive files, just keep an eye on the file size of pdpstats.txt (in the root folder), I prolly wouldn't let it get much over a couple hundred kb, but as I say, I haven't tested it's limits yet. You might wanna just periodically lower the guest timeout to somethin like 30 or 15 days and then clean the file (with pdpstats_clean_statsfile), just to get rid of really old results every now and again .

Thanks for the info downtown, I don't really get how it works but I've just tried out a little test plugin I made from it, and it looks like it will definitely work perfectly for applying all 3 kinds of damage [normal, to temp hp & incap dmg] whilst also giving the attacking client the points . So thanks a lot for pointing me to that, it's exactly what I needed =].

I'll try and get the plugin rewritten to use the new way to apply the dmg as soon as I can, new version (with infected scoring :>) should be up in the next couple of days .

Last edited by extrospect; 12-26-2009 at 21:32.