View Single Post
Helvetica
Old 09-08-2012 , 01:19   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
Just removed Model Manager for a bit, from server start to server crash, it was never loaded. It crashed after 30 minutes (as usual) this time with an overflow of the GameRulesCreation stringtable.
XP, I think something else is going on with your Sourcemod installation. I was having these problems after the patch and it stumped the crap out of me because everyone else said that it was fixed.

I just did a full reinstall with the latest snapshot, then slowly added back extensions and plugins one by one. When in a situation like yours, it's pretty much the only guaranteed thing you can do, you're just going to have to troubleshoot until you isolate the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
I've had it running for some 10 hours or so without any issues with the MM, going to add models 1 by one until it crashes.

Valve has introduced all sorts of model bugs as of MVM, so it's no surprise that there are these issues. There's a very odd bug with all-class hats/miscs which will duplicate hats forever. Just equip an all-class item, pick a class, then change to another, and another, and it will just keep stacking the item each time you change the class. You can keep stacking flairs, amassments of hats, or whatever he hell you have. You can do it on non-sourcemod servers (valve servers). Also, models seem to ragdoll now when equipped by the model manager (not always), but often when they are equipped by other methods, and almost always in ff2/vsh.

Oh, and if your hat has an unusual effect, it will stack as well, so you can have a ton of circling hearts or whatever as well.
I don't think that item duplication glitch is harmful to the server, unless maybe if someone were to stack a crap load of particle effects on top of each other.

I have been using my Model Manager constantly since MvM, in addition to not appearing to cause any crashes, I've seen no signs of errors or ragdoll problems, or any kind of strange behavior in general. I'm using all up to date models though, or old models that I've recompiled to be up to date. Maybe you're using old models that were messed up by MvM?

Also, I'm running a 32 slot Linux server, single map that never changes, same as XP.

Last edited by Helvetica; 09-08-2012 at 01:21.