View Single Post
GoldNux
Old 04-25-2018 , 08:11   Re: Questions about CPU, Hitbox and pausing plugins.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever16 View Post
You need to understand that the hitbox depends on the server/connection/rates nothing more.
The only thing you can do, try different rates & settings & try different server.

I dont understand why yo uare asking them to put in unesesary comands in launch options...
I have hosted on the same host but not ''private'' i think ''private'' is a weaker server then the public one.

I remeber i had same server host as you but i used public instead of private.
And i remember that i found a gold spot and that was only by playing with server rates in server.cfg
Try public one time maybe its a stronger server? Why do they else force you to have password, just a question i have why do they force to have a password? I think they dont want to have heavy load on that server & why no heavy load? Maybe cause its weak? Who knows???

I know a guy who host on a pretty shitty VPS but he has found the perfect settings ping is 28-30 stable allways!!! I love it! Cost of VPS? 6 dollars.
I have tried a few unapproved plugins that really messed with the hit reg, and I have also experimented with a few plugins that do a little bit to much when you kill someone for example.

So I think it is possible that a plugin might mess it up a little, one of my plugin that pushes team score to a database used to freeze the server for two seconds the first time it connected.

But yeah I hear what you are saying and I agree, good plugins does not affect the server hit reg.
I'm also pretty sure they are using a VPS as the quality and FPS stability varies from day to day.

I have asked about the difference between public and private server, and they said the only difference is if you have more players the server hit reg might be worse.
But I think its just like you say, they use less cpu on the private servers, and that is one of the reasons I will try a different host.

As for unnecessary launch options, I tried pingboost 3 and had some major issues with it.

Last edited by GoldNux; 04-25-2018 at 08:13.