View Single Post
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 11-11-2018 , 01:33   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #991

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRalphsky View Post
I'm using Accelerator's gamedata and ext, and I'm getting a crash when a lot of zombies get shoved at once. I can reliably test this by forcing a panic even, going into a corner with godmode, waiting for them to pile up, and then shoving a bunch of times. Eventually I'll crash to desktop with no error message. This happens with and without plugins.

This may be due to me not knowing how the hell to even download this extension. The OP is outdated and the github simply lists a changelog, perhaps an installation guide would be nice? I just downloaded the gamedata and the two files from the Release folder.

I also don't know how to read my crashlogs.

EDIT: This also happens with Attano's version, and I installed the includes as well. Sorry if I sound a bit frustrated. My server has been crashing seemingly randomly for weeks now and I only just now figured out it was Left4Downtown.
I'm aware of this and from my tests it seem like that function doesn't like interference. Which plugin of yours actually uses that function? Maybe I can recreate it with Dhooks Detours as that extension makes Downtown Obsolete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollslow View Post
By the way, metamod and sourcemod work, but do not respond to commands. I tried sm version 1.10-dev, 1.9, 1.8 and mm 1.10.7 and 1.11.0-dev (does not work correctly), version l4dt2 0.6.3.0 from your repository. I also tried the l4dt2 version 0.5.4.2 regular, playerslots version, and the corrected version that was posted here earlier. I compiled all the plugins for each version of sm separately. But with any combination of versions, this error still occurs. I also do not understand why such a strange problem arose, as if l4dt2 does not see the gamedata file in focus. On the other hand, on windows all the same worked without any problems at all.
I asked you for version command output not all addons. Just type version in console and provide output. I suspect you to be using an older version of the game for some reason.