Thread: safemode
View Single Post
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2023 , 23:00   Re: safemode
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Thanks for the feedback. It makes a short plugins.ini list from base system. Nothing unreleased. This happens just before the map is loaded however it is called.
plugin_end() is always called before the map actually changes. Any plugin file modifications can be done here (I do this successfully in one of my plugins). Also, your plugin can't properly handle any plugins loaded in any other plugin INI files so it just doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Using natives makes it more of a project to install for admin as well as all the work involved with cache manipulation configs. Both too complex for regular admins to install. Those are deterrents.
Nothing in this statement is true. Using natives changes nothing about installing the plugins for the admin.

Quote:
When host has myriad of plugins typing out disabled alongside each one in the built-in ini system is not going to work, it is loaded too late.
That makes no sense. It's not hard to comment out plugins in plugins.ini. Using "disabled" is only needed when you're using map-specific plugin INI files alternate plugin INI files.

What is loaded too late? Late relative to what?

Quote:
In fact avoiding use of it by-and-large except for adding a plugin back by prefix on occasion and use this 1 file instead of many option instead is safer than removing cache items IMHO.
What is are "cache items"? There is no concept of "cache" with respect to loading plugins.

Quote:
Windows has a safe mode which loads a minimal set of drivers. Name was inspired by that.
This type of debugging is rare and is so easy that you don't need to complicate it with a really confusing plugin.

Quote:
There are no third party plugins forced and hard coded anywhere.
I didn't say anything about "third party plugins". There are several plugins hard coded here. Not everybody will necessarily have or want to use the default plugins, even in "safe mode".

Quote:
Precaching is not the only way. It takes something away from the map I thought.
Prechaching has thing to do with this, not sure why you mention it.