View Single Post
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2018 , 08:48   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #97

I'm sorry but I'm one to use !ws on my servers as well as advertisements. I believe in the freedom to not have to pay for VIP etc and have pay to win aspects hence why my VIP features are VERY limited.

I simply run !ws because that's what people demanded, not due to the fact I want to be a cunt to fellow communities or yardy yardy ya. I would love to see the decline of the plugin as it is very scummy indeed but what's one person going to stop hundreds of others?

I understand the people who do not want to go to the level of adding it to their servers, I appreciate you for not stooping that low however if that's what they want, they want it.

As for advertisements, yes loud intrusive adverts which play every 30 seconds is horrific and those that do it are into profit ONLY. My advertisements are on animated banners so produce no noise pollution for players and this is how it should be. Does it decrease the profit? Of course it does but do I care about profit? No.

Advertisements are only used for covering the costs (as yes I find running a community fun, I don't find it fun being £300 short every month) as well as development costs (as I don't have all day, I work also). I've also got to the point where I've decided to start rewarding staff members with the extra cash from monthly cash outs. I don't want the money, it's the communities at the end of the day and I am just the director.

For those that will attack me and attempt to argue with my post are just naive and can't respect another opinion. No one here is right or wrong, let Valve do what they wish. I think there's both good and bad to come of it but I really do believe they'll kill off their game even more than they have done if majority of community servers close down (because 90% are for 100% profit and ear raping you) as people won't want to start server progress again each time and they'll be less servers to cater for the tens of thousands of people.

Last edited by Lubricant Jam; 07-12-2018 at 08:57.