View Single Post
NikolaTesla
Old 07-11-2018 , 19:53   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr!fter View Post
I love everyone that says valve is greedy and all they care about is money... as they sell vip, access to weapon skins and play ads every 30 seconds unless you donate (someone actually admitted this to me) Lmao. The csgo server community is a fucking joke and only care about money themselves. So every single person that says valve only cares about money look at yourself first. I ran servers for 1.6 and source for years and our goal was never money. I’m glad they broke motd and hope they don’t fix it too I only feel bad for the people that use it for actual good.

In the last few months I’ve been extremely tempted to leave sm broken for csgo for a few days just to see the panic, cause boy do people panic. I actually left it broken for about 12 hours or so one day, I woke up to over 1000 posts in a thread people asking why it’s not fixed and complaining, some good stuff. In the past everyone was all about helping each other now it’s how can I make more money then the other and fuck everyone else (not everyone is like this but a fair few).
Something needs to be very well dicerned here. We cannot put the class of genuine server managers together with money grabbers that only run servers for profit and unfortunately became the great majority. I agree with you Dr!fter in at least a few things. It's so good to see the MOTD going to the hell right now because there will be a filtering in our community. I also agree that the great majority of server owners are a bunch of hipocritical people. But we need to look and see who started this mess. AND I'M SURE that a certain company from Bellevue is who we are looking for... even if many disagree but this is the truth. And don't you worry. If the things keep going like this Valve will endup like PUBG corporation and will not allow custom mods anymore. Prepare yourselves to find another projects because as we can see MONEY is what really matters for both sides. In a situation like this instead of being united we are all split up arguing between ourselves while the real entity responsible for all these things are just having a really hard time making the accountance of this month's balance xD. They have total powers to make 12 years of hard work useless. Yes.. Sourcemod is now 12 years old. I can't just imagine how much hard work all people had to make this beauty.

But please understand this: We were a happy community until skins market. We need to understand this. AND OFC these who are breaking Valve rules are idiots. But it will keep being a mouse and cat cycle. I don't think it's fair kill an entire community for money. It's obscene and cruel.