View Single Post
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2018 , 10:17   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr!fter View Post
I already said i ran servers, never made money off of it either. If people wanted they donated else they played like everyone else I didnt have to have ad's or vip.

Again, Valve added tokens before the skins thing was a thing. But yup, keep thinking they created it for that. They make no money off of community servers they make no money off their own servers so not sure how they are making players suffer but, cool story. But how DARE they protect their player base and their intellectual property. Weapon skins plugins devalue players skins for those that bought them. If i have a fancy skin and i join a community server and see everyone with the same skin i paid for... suddenly i dont feel happy about that. But yup, they only care about money and hate their player base. Unhappy playerbase = less money so these arguments are fucking absurd.

I also know its easy to bypass the block, I've known about it way before others figured it out and started selling plugins for it.

EDIT:
Also, I know I'll get called out for "protecting valve"
But I'll say this, not protecting them.

The way they went about this was fucking terrible.
I wish they'd actually fix it like it is in TF2 (but even then I'm sure someone would find a way around it).
The removing of symbols hurt the community way more which i hate the most to this day (especially do to things that happened behind the scenes).

But I wont let server owners play saint when they do scummy shit and then blame valve.
If tokens were created before skins and the intentions of tokens even once changed for anything other than illegal non-steam, that's pure greed. Apart from the fact non-steam means less money for Valve, the existence of non-steam is a spit in Valve's face since they worked hard on a genius system that makes cheating and getting away with it impossible, the system is called VAC.

Also, I would really love to have !ws since my server has no downloads at all. If Valve were to permit it I could have skins for all players and maintaining my policy of 0 downloads. I could get custom skins but these reduce players when they have to download it and it sucks.

Discord: Eyal282#1334

Last edited by eyal282; 07-11-2018 at 10:21.