View Single Post
satannuts
Old 06-18-2010 , 13:12   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #486

ok. did some heavy testing to find out what is causing the overflow error.
It is definitely related to the talker files.
I've tried a combination of vpk builds and even broke them down into smaller separate vpk files in order to pinpoint where the error is coming from.
-----------------------------------
@PortalBoat,
yeah man, yer talker scripts have a few issues, maybe this can help you out:
Add these to your launch options:
-console -dev -condebug

-console: just enables the console- basic stuff you probably already know - personally, I just use that instead of the in-game option.

-dev: will show you additional "developer" console output - AND will show some debug info about your talker files.

-condebug: will write the console output to a log file in left 4 dead 2\left4dead2 named console.log - This is useful as it will write ALL console data to the log file for your viewing pleasure as you won't be limited by the in-game console's character limit.
------------------------------------

I will repack the vpk files today with a few changes for further testing.

Would it be better if I made separate installers for EACH survivor voices?
and perhaps have them install into left4dead2_dlc1\sound folder instead? [i will test this now]

and also separate vpk files for their scenes?
I've already made these individual survivor vpk files, but the over flow problem still exists due to the talker files...
since we can only load 2 original survivors at this time, perhaps having separate survivor files would be best.

Here's my current error:
Code:
Warning:  Table soundprecache is full, can't add music/tags/ExenterationHit.wav
Loading: 30.11 seconds

Host_Error: CEngineSoundServer::PrecacheSound: 'music/tags/ExenterationHit.wav' overflow
Does anyone know where this soundprecache table is located?
Or does anyone have any intimate knowledge of the l4d2 sound precache system?

I will try with the voices in the dlc1\sound folder now to see if it makes any difference..