View Single Post
rtxa
Old 03-01-2019 , 01:36   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #956

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
In general, cvars should be loaded in plugin_cfg() (which is by it's nature, sometime after precache) which is probably why you see the same issue in all of the plugins that you mentioned. I am not aware of this specific setting or why it would need to be set prior to plugin_cfg() (I've never played HLDM).

I'm not sure what the best solution would be if you need to set it so soon (none of the files for Polymorph are loaded when plugin_precache() executes IIRC). Creating a special plugin that does it in precache might be an option depending on when you change it (i.e. is it different for each mod that you run?)

Traditionally in an INI file, the semicolon is used to denote the beginning of a comment (which is what I assume in the code and I don't do extra checks to see if it happens to be in between matching quotes). So, when the plugin loads the file, it thinks that the semicolon is a comment. The solution to this problem will likely depend on what is done to fix the first.

So, how often does this value get changed and in what circumstances? Would it work if it was set at the end of the previous map?
Should it work if set before map ends, the cvar value is read it only once when is loading gamerules.
I think the parser should ignore ; when is enclosed with quotes.