View Single Post
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 06-26-2009 , 00:34   Re: Module: GeoIP Extended
Reply With Quote #3

Nice, I plan on trying this out....

Suggestion/Request: Add flag to return distance in either kilometers or miles.

I don't know if this is right but highlighted is what i changed. (Notes after snippet)
Code:
/** * Calculate the distance between geographical coordinates, latitude and longitude. * * @param lat1    The first IP latitude. * @param lon1    The first IP longitude. * @param lat2    The second IP latitude. * @param lon2    The second IP longitude.
* @param system    The system of measurement, 0 = Meteric(kilometers) or 1 = English(miles). 
* @return    The distance as result in specified system of measurement.
*/
native Float:geoip_distance( Float:lat1, Float:lon1, Float:lat2, Float:lon2, system = 0 );
Native defaults to kilometers if not specified.

Code:
static cell AMX_NATIVE_CALL amx_geoip_distance( AMX *amx, cell *params ) {
    REAL RAD_CONVERT  = (REAL)0.017453292519943;
    REAL EARTH_RADIUS = (REAL)params[5] ? 3959.0 : 6371.0;
    REAL lat1 = amx_ctof( params[1] ) * RAD_CONVERT;     REAL lon1 = amx_ctof( params[2] ) * RAD_CONVERT;     REAL lat2 = amx_ctof( params[3] ) * RAD_CONVERT;     REAL lon2 = amx_ctof( params[4] ) * RAD_CONVERT;     return amx_ftoc( EARTH_RADIUS * acos( sin( lat1 ) * sin( lat2 ) + cos( lat1 ) * cos( lat2 ) * cos( lon2 - lon1 ) ) ); }
I used 0.017453292519943 instead of M_PI / 180 mainly because that is what xs uses for xs_deg2rad.

6371.0km is a bit more precise as it is the earth's mean radius not the equatorial radius of 6378.2km. (3959.0 is just the miles conversion of 6371.0)
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu