View Single Post
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2022 , 19:37   Re: [TF2] Need assistance finding Game Data Offsets
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
I want to make sure I understand. In order to learn an offset for Windows I must do the following:
1. Install and enable Microsoft .NET framework on a computer running Windows.
2. Obtain and install the Microsoft Visual Studio.
3. Determine which programming language I'd like to learn that operates with Visual Studio.
4. Learn the programming language.
5. Determine the depot, manifest, ugc, pubfile of the files you want (where do you find these?).
6. Write code that connects to the Steam DepotDownloader.
7. Execute code to download your two files.
Did I capture that process correctly?
I just use the "Depot Downloader" that nosoop linked, since it's fairly easy to setup. Then I use this site to fetch the app ID, depot ID, and manifest ID.

Example: TF2 Binaries
- App ID: 232250
- Depot ID: 232256 (Linux)
- Manifest ID: 2312266632028026945 (Latest)

Once you have all that information, you go to the folder where "DepotDownloader.exe" is located, and just type "cmd" in the folder path to automatically run "cmd.exe" with your DD folder as the selected directory. This is the directory path I use: C:\Users\X\Desktop\depot downloader

Finally, you have to use this syntax: dotnet DepotDownloader.dll -app <ID> -depot <ID> -manifest <ID>

For the example I provided, this is what you would use: dotnet DepotDownloader.dll -app 232250 -depot 232256 -manifest 2312266632028026945

Once you've done all that, a "depots" folder should be created inside your DD directory. Each depot will have its own designated folder. My TF2 Linux binaries would be located inside: C:\Users\X\Desktop\depot downloader\depots\232256

Note: Syntax can vary depending on which app's depot you want to download.

Example: L4D2 Mac Binaries
- Syntax: dotnet DepotDownloader.dll -app <ID> -depot <ID> -manifest <ID> -username <username> -password <password>
- Example: dotnet DepotDownloader.dll -app 550 -depot 553 -manifest 4080991265902159838 -username XXXXXXXX -password XXXXXXXX