View Single Post
Backup
Old 03-01-2018 , 08:15   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPlaya View Post
This seems to be pretty much the same as >this< with more setting possibilities?
latedl uses the same functions to send the files, but also has reliable forward that fires on download completion. The focus is also somewhat different, latedl was ment to be used in such a way that all connected clients has the same files; while filenetmessages is more single-client oriented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugui View Post
Also, can it manage the downloads of a single player??
Yep, the last parameter for addlatedownload is a optional one that either takes client's index or zero for file broadcast.

Quote:
Maybe there is a way to redirect the traffic.
Nope. There is a entirely different piece of code that handles fastdl during connection. These functions (CNetChan::SendFile) are only used as a fallback option when no fastdl is present.

Quote:
Is it possible to add the ability to request files from client with this extension? Sinse it is more "polished" than the functions dordnung found.
My idea is if it is possible to download demo files from client or even screenshots, to implement some kind of anticheat plugin
I'm not sure whether upload from client still works in newer Valve titles, but even if it would, it would be pretty useless, for multiple of reasons. To download anything from client, you need to know it's full name; and the player would need to tell you that full name (i.e. via setinfo). The only exception is fixed name, like for custom sprays. Idea of downloading screenshots from clients is unreal, since you won't be able to trigger screenshot or demo capture in the first place.