View Single Post
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-15-2004 , 02:30  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
Maybe it's possible to have knife selected and then catch the normal drop command? If so you could have a CT drop a defuse kit if he has one... Then you won't need to bind another button.
Yeah, that's a possibilty. But I would personally find it annoying to have to switch to knife just to drop it. Perhaps both ways? *shrug*

If it were possible to add an item into slot 5 for CTs, that would sure be nice. Maybe even make CTs press attack1 for using the defuse kit, like Ts need to do for planting the bomb. I'd certainly be willing to do that. That way you could use the regular drop command too... If it were possible, anyways. I was experimenting with the WeaponList message to switch the slots weapons go in for a TFC-like mod for CS. (I scrapped the idea later for other reasons tho...) It worked to an extent, some weapons were buggy though with that, especially the knife. If we had an entity and models for this, I could use WeaponList to force it into slot 5 perhaps. LINK_ENTITY_TO_CLASS would probably need to be implemented in metamod for any of that to be remotely possible though. *shrug* Maybe Source will allow for this sort of thing... who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
hm.. is there ways to port to .16?)
I think all that needs to be done is to remove the plugin_modules forward and use pfn_touch instead of register_touch. Unless the private data offset for the defuse kit has changed since the 0.16 cstrike module? I'm not sure, but I'll see what I can do.

EDIT
Version for 0.16 added now by request of mercury.