View Single Post
heliumdream
Old 06-15-2015 , 05:05   Re: Individual Weapon Models
Reply With Quote #51

wow so handy. this plugin was exactly what i was looking for.
only a few things were missing, so...

i have added p_model support!

i have also changed the format statement to make names more flexible and support directories.

note: for p_model support i probably could have parsed a third string entry inside the original .ini; but this was my first experience using external data. instead i have added a second .ini file.

i am most certain this will cause confusion so please pay close attention.

line by line entries must match weapons across the two .ini files.
if you have a v_model without a p_model, you will have to include a 'blank' entry inside the individualWeaponModelsPlayer.ini that matches the weapon on the same line in the original individualWeaponModels.ini
if you have a v_model and a p_model, the process is more straightforward.

please use the included .ini files as reference. - you will need to edit virtually ALL of the entries in these .ini files to match your desired gun files on your server.

note2:
i'm not positive but i think you need cvar 'weaponModels_default 1' to ensure the array indexes line up correctly.
i didn't pay particular attention to the code that supports shield models (or test it...shield were not my priority). but it should still work just fine.

bonus:
i have added support for the Superhero mod level system (or other level systems i imagine)
warning: it's hardcoded

there are three places with a comment //TODO - SH LEVELS
code in these places adds 'level' awareness to gun models - requiring players to achieve a certain level before unlocking access to the new gun model. comment the code back in if you are interested in using it. the level system is hardcoded; it has cvariables and pointers but you will need to add code to support additional heroes.

limited supported release. id be happy to help if you post here or pm.
Attached Files
File Type: zip individualWeaponModels_P.zip (4.0 KB, 279 views)