View Single Post
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-26-2016 , 17:33   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #1009

Ugh, I haven't really looked into this thread lately.

@murfin

This plugin doesn't really let you assign alternative names to maps. You might want to look at Ultimate MapChooser, which does.

@tommyzat

Not sure what to tell you... the plugin may prevent itself from loading if mapchooser.smx is loaded, but it should tell you this in the error logs.

@weeeishy

I'm not aware of any commands other than the one you named that would prevent the map from changing.

Having said that, I don't know if CS:GO's map group system will interfere with SourceMod's map operations or not. It might not hurt to duplicate your mapcycle as a map group.

@neiloneil

SourceMod 1.7 and 1.8 have merged support for FindMap.
SourceMod 1.8 has merged support for GetMapDisplayName.

I have a version of MapChoosed Extended that I was working on that needs testing to make sure it's working properly.

However, I haven't really been working on SourceMod scripts at all lately. This one has seen the brunt of that as even when I was working on when I was dedicating time to it was a brand new map voting system... intended to replace this one and UMC both.

@CoxyzHQ

I've been told that it doesn't actually help. Something to do with how RTV triggers the map change. Even forcing a game_end entity to do it supposedly doesn't address the problem.

As far as I'm aware, this is why the SourceMod devs never updated the ForceChangeLevel command to work this way.