View Single Post
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2015 , 15:50   Re: OciXCrom's Admin Chat
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Well, that looks complicated. Maybe I'll try and see how it actually works these days, but I'll probably wait a bit more, since I'm planning to add more options to the plugin and if possible make some improvements.
Don't worry, this is just bureaucratic, but really necessary steps. It seems complicated but is just a bunch of mouse clicks and some typing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Some of the things I have in mind are a command for messaging a specific team (amx_teamsay), an option to change the default message color (for example use grey instead of team color) and more. I'm also expecting suggestions for adding some new things to it, so feel free to write here if you need something or you simply have a good idea.
As it will keep you code concise and very maintainable, just go ahead. To keep you code concise and very maintainable is a feature which is highly appreciated nowadays. See about software engineering:
The principle of modularity is a specialization of the principle of separation of concerns.
The principle of consistency is a recognition of the fact that it is easier to do things in a familiar context.
The principle of generality is closely related to the principle of anticipation of change.
http://www.d.umn.edu/~gshute/softeng/principles.html

If you changes are not concise, I recommend you to elaborate another plugin to do such new features. As it will keep you code concise and very maintainable.

For example, some days before, I saw you adminchat throwing a exception at my server console. After that I enabled debug mode, and I am waiting to see it again. I think the exception became afraid of to get caught and run away, but I will to keep seeking it. I won't let it run away so easy.

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-05-2015 at 16:16.