View Single Post
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2022 , 23:19   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siska1 View Post
I found more irregularities now. When there is a vote for maps in the vote, for example, dust 2 is present, but dust 2 is being played at the moment, and yet there is also extended below.
Why is there a map in the vote that I'm currently playing?
I guess this is because I have few maps in this mod and the plugin doesn't turn them off ?
I remove the current map from the map list for the currently running mod. So, if you're going to be switching to a different mod, it will include the current map if it's in that mod's map list. However, the extend option shouldn't even be showing unless the current mod was extended (or is going to be the "nextmod"). This means that you should never see what you are describing. I would probably need more info about your configuration and circumstances to try and debug the issue.

Do you have the mod "name" attribute defined before the mod "mapsfile" attribute in all of the mod config files? The only thing I can think of at this point is if "mapsfile" is defined before "name" it will allow the current map to load into the maps list.

Quote:
And I noticed something strange again, which is a problem. In a gungame, very often when one map is played, the same map is played immediately after that. I'm using version 2.13c and I guess it's from the gungame itself, because the other mods don't repeat maps.
I can't remember if I asked previously, but did you make the changes required to be able to run GunGame with Polymorph as described in my second post? I would assume you did but it's one of those "Tier 1 IT support" type questions that needs asked.

Quote:
I also assume that if I don't select a map, the first one in the list automatically starts and maybe that's why it repeats ?
Yes, the "default next map" is the first map in the next mod's map list.

Quote:
I can't figure out why this plugin works so strangely
I've seen people using it just fine. It seems you're just using it more than most and are finding more of the corner conditions.

Quote:
I want to ask one more thing :
// #include <polymorph>
This is commented out in the plugin, but should it be ?
This is only in the add-on plugins and I did it because I inline the functions from the include file that are used by the particular plugin so that the forum compiler will be able to compile the plugin directly (the forum compiler only has the default include files for AMX Mod X).

If you're writing your own plugin and use a compiler that is capable of referencing the custom include file then you can just #include it like you would normally. For example, I have VS Code configured with the AMXXPawn extension to be able to include both custom and default includes all at once (even without having to combine them).

Quote:
When we select the extend mod and map, however, it changes...
Not really sure what this comment is referencing.