View Single Post
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2014 , 07:27   Re: SourceMod 1.6.1, Metamod:Source 1.10.2 Released

I am having some strange problems with these 1.6 versions on my Windows TF2 Server. Every stats plugin i try is causing the Server to Lag/Slowdown. Its not just because of the Steam ID change either as i reported the same problem back early July after updating to the latest 1.6 version - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...7&postcount=58

I reverted back to a 1.5 snapshot back then which resolved it and took the Lag away. However, since the recent TF2 Update that changed the Steam ID's, i have been using the latest 1.6 Snapshot and i am having massive problems with Lag when Stats plugins are installed. I even took off my original Stats plugin that i have been using for 5 years and tried this newer one which has been updated since the TF2 update and the same thing happens when the Servers gets to about 10 players or more. Everyone starts getting slowdown again. Take the plugin off and all is smooth again.

There seems to be something in the 1.6 releases of Sourcemod which is having trouble with Stats plugins. Every other previous version of SM for the last 5 years has never had this slowdown problem.

Cannot find a solution to it so far.

Just wanted to report it anyway.

Cheers

- Lob (UK)