View Single Post
wyrda
Old 11-15-2019 , 11:49   Swear Identification System
Reply With Quote #1

Hi guys!

I would like to ask your opinion about a project of mine that I have been developing for some time in my spare time.
I wrote a swear identification system that is base on Regular Expressions(and some enhancements) with the idea in mind to sell it as a service for game servers. This solution is much more flexible than the traditional dictionary based solutions.
Even if right now I am offering it for free, I see no interest in such a service in my country(Romania). Only one community is using it and others that I contacted said that they don't want such thing.
I have some doubts if to continue or not the project because I don't know if it has value for other or not.
What I ask from you is your true opinion about this by answering this questions(if you want) :

1. Do you care if the players from your server(s) swear?
2. Do you use or intend to use a swear identification system on your server?
3. Would you be interested in such a system/solution for your community/server ?
4. Would you pay for such a solution?(lets say 1$/server/month)
5. Other opinions?

If you want to test this(even if is in a beta like stage) you can go here: https://client.faralimbajvulgar.ro/ . At this moment, the system identifies swears from Romanian(most expressions are here right now) or English(but with fewer expressions).

Thanks!