View Single Post
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-26-2014 , 01:26   Re: Steam Group Admins (updated 2011-09-26)
Reply With Quote #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Neither "wins". The admin system is additive.
With this particular plug-in, I did not find that to be the case. At least, that was the case a while back when I was troubleshooting, and made that earlier post. I have not re-tested since then myself. The effect I was trying to achieve was:
  • "Members" of the Steam Group get some basic stuff (reservation and some overridden stuff)
  • "Officers" of the Steam Group get basic administrative stuff (kick, ban, various votes, etc.)
  • A handful of select Admins (myself, etc.) are also entered in the configuration files for "root" SM access.
It is all working for me now - but I had to use the admins_simple.cfg file for the "root" SM access - not the admins.cfg file for some reason.

If I had users/admins entered into admins.cfg with root access, but they were also "Officers" of my Steam Group, where "Officers" are given an intermediary level (say vote/k), then they only received vote/k - and not root.

If I alternatively used admins_simple.cfg, then "Officers" that are not in the configuration file got vote/k, and those that are in the configuration file got root instead.