View Single Post
BlodyT.
Old 03-03-2019 , 15:38   Re: [CS:GO] Upcoming Server Sided Anti-Cheat Project | Aimbot | Triggerbot | Wallhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubricant Jam View Post
What confuses me is how have you gone from trying to find someone to do this to now you doing it yourself?
I already explained it in my previous message. I have limited time and workforce to finish the project on time. My project requires a server sided AC to secure my servers (obviously as part of my project). So, sooner or later I will have to get it. I can deprioritize some task and skip the development of other parts of the project in order to get the AC done first. Since AC will be done from scratch, working on Metamod source (redistribution without source), every entrepreneur would look for the possibility of cashing it right? The only reason why I was looking for a pre-done AC solution, was to save some time. I hoped for a heavy modified version of SMAC but I end up with COW+SMAC copypaste. I lost some money and because of that. I decided to work on my own anti-cheat solution.

I'm only asking for some feedback and thoughts about this project.
  1. If somebody will be interested in this project? Would you purchase a license for your server?
  2. If the only billing option is by paying per month, what price should be set per server/multiple servers?
Quote:
but I couldn't see myself paying $450 a MONTH for protecting my servers.
First of all, it's just a price draft, nobody said that it will be the final price when the project will be done. Most of you said that this is way too much, I understand it. As I said, right now I'm more likely looking at option b)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlodyT. View Post
There are only two ways of doing this:
a) Selling this addon at a higher price ($40-$50 USD) and keeping low customer base & making it more exclusive and wanted by players. Way easier to keep eye on everything, providing the highest standards of the service.

b) Selling this addon at a low price ($15-$20 USD) for masses. Selling a product for masses will have more downsides in this particular example. Keeping everything at the highest level e.g. customer support will be a challenge (I'm not saying that it's impossible to achieve that).

I saw that you have BH, Surf, KZ, JB servers. May I know why you want to secure those servers? I thought that the main target for cheaters (90%) are casual servers, 1vs1, dm, retakes etc..
This anti-cheat will be not efficient against "true" legit cheating players. From my point, protecting a BH, Suft, KZ and Jailbreak servers is just a waste of money.

"True" means low fov, high smooth and random bone picker for the AB.

Quote:
$500 one time payment, sure I can do that in a heart beat but that is an incredible asking price when you can literally get commercial DDoS protection for around $750 a month.
Unfortunately, a one time payment isn't possible. You don't have to protect all of your servers (e.g. jailbreak, KZ etc..), you can secure only those who really need the additional security.

I re-do the pricing draft, let me know what do you think. The prices should be more affordable now. Probably the most popular choice would be "2-4 servers" which cost $15 USD per month and $12.75 USD per mo if billed quarterly.

Regards,
BlodyT.