View Single Post
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2016 , 06:47   Re: [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (11.09.2016)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoop View Post
Out of curiosity, why not apply the weapons a frame after the OnInventoryApplication event (with RequestFrame)?

Also note that this plugin does not support wearable weapons (e.g. Demoman boots / shields, Sniper shields, Gunboats). Regardless of whether or not they're your thing, bots technically know how to use them, or at least they do support shields.

Other than that, it looks fine.
Why would I want to use RequestFrame? I use timers and a bool to block the function for giving weapons from being called too much, because of bots standing next to a resupply locker for too long(or walking into wall on dustbowl next to the locker). The game drops bots non-stock weapons when they touch a locker so this would lead to a lot of dropped weapons.

I know it doesnt give wearables and I know how to give bots wearables. I have decided not to include wearables because they dont know how to use them (might release a plugin that gives bots a couple of cheap hats though).

shields - bots just charge every time they can. its not working well.
boots - for soldier - not using them at all, obviously
- for demo - only when medieval mode is on
buff banners - not used at all. they are trying to use it as a shotgun
snipers wearables - passive, so they could be used but bots are designed to use smgs when enemies come too close for snipers rifles, so they try to shoot them with smgs even when they dont have one. That makes them look a bunch of idiots, because they try to use melee weapons instead.
parachute - not used at all, obviously

Food items and throwable weapons are used the same way as sniper wearables.

So no, I dont think they are working. It just puts them at a disadvantage, making them an easy target.

Last edited by luki1412; 11-25-2016 at 09:01.