View Single Post
FLOOR_MASTER
Old 05-06-2008 , 03:35   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #50

DontWannaName: Your syntax is completely correct but unfortunately DMR won't recognize it as valid just yet (and this is a bug and on my todo list -- "times that straddle midnight"). For example, for:

Code:
"10"
    {
        "map"            "cp_warpath2"
        "default_nextmap"    "20"
        "40"
            {
                "players_lte"    "16"
        "time_gte"    "23:00"
        "time_lte"    "5:00"
            }
    }
Let's say it's 110PM. DMR reads the "40" condition as saying "is the current time between 11PM and 11:59PM (yes) AND is the current time between 12AM and 5AM (no). Imagine other times of the day and you can see that the "40" condition will never be true based on the way DMR currently works. I will fix this very soon. For now, a dirty workaround is to split up the time into two nearly identical conditional nextmaps:

Code:
"10"
    {
        "map"            "cp_warpath2"
        "default_nextmap"    "20"
        "40"
            {
                "players_lte"    "16"
        "time_gte"    "23:00"
            }
         "40"
            {
                "players_lte"    "16"
        "time_lte"    "5:00"
            }
    }
Let's say it's 110PM with 10 players. DMR looks at the first "40" condition and asks "Is the time between 11PM and 11:59PM?" (yes). The first "40" condition checks out and the next map is "40" (dustbowl).

Let's say it's 10AM with 10 players. DMR looks at the first "40" condition and asks "Is the time between 11PM and 11:59PM?" (no). DMR then looks at the 2nd "40" conditon and asks "Is the time between 12AM and 5AM?" (yes). The second "40" condition checks out and the next map is "40" (dustbowl).

I promise to look into this tomorrow so don't bother putting effort into fixing your dmr.txt if you can afford to hold off.