View Single Post
nG_getwreck
Old 04-28-2021 , 13:45   Re: VPS Server-Crash after start
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by simanovich View Post
On sales, CS 1.6 price is down to just 1$, a price of a small app in play store/app store
Actually there's difference in performance between steam version and the non-steam one but i'm not going to discuss it here. Also prices depends per country.

Let's talk about pakistan, indian cs 1.6 players
Majority them are running non-steam ones, as I see, their PC lags in steam while non-steam doesn't for some sort of reason.

Also they are afraid of VACation, alot of them were hacking in Automix/PUG servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From a convo in discord group
Guy1: @Guy2 I think you should buy the game from steam, this errors are fixed and also it has better protection than non-steam clients.

Guy2: Why I would bother to buy the game?, if there's free version of it. Also there's no much difference between steam and non-steam, plus it runs steam in background which is bs. It just doubles my CPU usage and ram, there's no sense to buy the game. Steam version only had avatar showed at left of scoreboard and nothing more. If your talking about that protection thingy, i can simply install cs-protector and problem solved.

Guy1: What? it doubles ram and cpu usage? maybe try turning low performance mode in steam.

Guy2: I had fps drops in steam version while in non-steam i don't have.

Guy1: I don't know about that. Maybe your using Software render, try using opengl

Guy2: It drops my fps more, if I switch to OpenGL

Last edited by nG_getwreck; 04-28-2021 at 14:10.