View Single Post
aquaphun
Old 08-01-2011 , 14:09   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.6.3 (Updated 2011-06-22)
Reply With Quote #120

Hi Powerlord.

I looked up your code and tried to modify it to my needs but I got stuck.

I wanted to build a max nomination counter, so there will only be a limited number of nominations and the rest of the voting list will be filled up with random maps. (not so popular maps get a chance too)
Done that but not tested it out.

Then i wanted to mix the nominations and random selected maps. People press 1 very often and so the first nomination will automaticly win. I want to inhibit it by mixing it up and putting in a random factor.
This should be easy but i am not experienced in CSS scripting so I have not done it yet.
Imo all you have to do is creating two arrays. Maps from the nomination and the maplist will be written in the first array. The second array contains a list of random numbers (array one size == array two size). Then sort the second array and get the first sorted as well. This should do the trick.

The third and last modification I wanted is to have an "Any map will do" on the first voting spot.
This is the trickiest part but it should work by ignoring the "Any map will do" count at the end of the vote. Unfortunatly I can not modify it because I can not find the counter algorythm.

I hope u can help me out.

Thanks

Aquaphun