View Single Post
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2019 , 09:19   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
BasicPawn isnt much context aware to determind what is where located. Thats why i put "List references" instead.
I think it's not very hard to add such logic to determine is it a beginning of function declaration (by return type or so). Instant jump to function is very time saving function especially for a large source codes.
You already have such parser for "public" in Object browser.

Do you have bookmarks? It's one more most important time saving feature.
You probably, could use vertical separator bar (between left window and source code line numbers) to mark there breakpoints / bookmarks, like so:

- left click - toggle bookmark
- mouse hover on bookmark in that bar - show tooltip about shortcut (like, how to move between bookmarks).
- possibly, one more shortcut (or right click there) to show full list of bookmarks in "autocomplete window".
- saving all bookmark positions to config file will be also very handy and unique function for your project.

Do you have a guide how correctly setup a debugger?
When I press Tools => Cleanup ... -> I have "Invalid server directory".
When I press Start debugger -> I have "Invalid client directory".

Feature request:
- Double click on tab - Close this tab
- Ctrl + F4 - Close active tab
- add ability to jump to function definition by double clicking on Object browser's => "public method" => Name of method
- Close "Search & replace" window by pressing "Esc"
- shortcut for toggle (add/remove) breakpoint.
- Add list of recently files to "File" => "Recent Files".
- Sometimes I need to convert code to a new syntax, like using: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...8&postcount=54
Can you think about how to implement? Like, not removing "Shell" feature at all, and leave ability to call it separately by shortcut or so.
- When I add "public" to function it doesn't apper in Object Broswser. I know it's very CPU consuming, so maybe you could add somewhere (like in "Object Browser" tab context) "Refresh" button.