View Single Post
Nikey646
Old 04-16-2014 , 04:37   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderic View Post
Have you used the plugin? Some of this suggestions are already implemented and functioning in the plugin.

It does shows a k/d ratio.
You can disable round bonuses; review the cfg file that was generated and make changes there.
The rankme text is clean enough; the issue with using a menu is they cannot display much of anything before there is horrible line wrapping else I would have gone this route.
You don't have to use rankme, you can do !rank and then select your name.
I personally don't feel deaths should remove points at all.... I feel this would be a horrible system; some people play just to get to insane scores. (you can modify the plugin to your liking however). I usually reset ranks monthly and might go far enough to implement this feature in the plugin at a later date.
I don't feel a session command would be very useful; it already displays points that you have earned for the current round.
A config file is created if it does not exist.
I was messing around with it quickly , Sorry about suggesting feautres already implemented that i couldn't find ^_^

I couldn't find the config file, Either i was looking in the wrong location, or i'm blind ^_^ (Checked tf/cfg, and tf/addons/sourcemod/config) -- Scratch this (Didn't check tf/cfg/sourcemod ;()
While messing around i wasn't able to get it to give me a rank (May have been because i was testing on a listen server), which may have been why i was unable to find the KDR. -- KDR now shows in /rankme, When testing it, they previously weren't showing....so scratch this xD
The Rankme text fills the chat up to the brink, which is why i suggested a slimmed down version (While maintaining the Full version). I just generally dislike plugins that spam the chat to the point where it's no longer usable ;(
About that, my name wasn't appearing on it at all. I assumed that it was because i had less then 10 points, is that meant to be (Was testing w/ a bot and required players = 0) -- Scratch this x.x Further testing today has put me on the list?
That is perfectly fine, but if an option was implemented like that it could default to 0, meaning no points are lost. Insane scores are still quite possible, but because TFDB is based off of Arena, it gives the player a drive to not want to die, due to losing some of their points and having to wait for a chance to regain them (imo)
Again, With TFDB being Arena based, rounds are short, generally less then 2 minutes...which means the Round Points will be for a much shorter period (Altho, i do like that feature, gives you an easy way to see how many points you earned)
Well then...Off to find that config file! -- Scratch this

sorry for wasting some of your time! and thank you for replying (:

Last edited by Nikey646; 04-16-2014 at 05:04.