View Single Post
Crackhead69
Old 12-27-2021 , 10:26   Re: How far can pawn programming take you
Reply With Quote #4

The thing is i want to find a language i can easily engage with like Pawn.
Like if i make something right now, i hop in and see my creation. Probably all programming languages have that but at a beginner level it is limited to the "console" thing. I haven't really dedicated myself in learning what exactly can i do with them, yet it's because i am not sure on what to focus on.

Python as an example i saw a forum that practices it with HL2 DM addons like pawn, which for me it will be way easier to learn, since i can just make sometihng and see it done. Yet since python is much bigger than pawn, i figure what i learn from doing addons to HL2 DM won't be of any use to any.. how do i say it.. 'working industry' maybe?

Yet again since my lack of knowledge about what the languages do, i may be terribly wrong about this.

To simplify my question: Can i learn a language with similar easy engagement like the pyhon forum i read about and Pawn, connected to a game that i can easily get into and test my script, which in the same time the knowledge i gain can be useful to find a job related to that programming language.

Disclaimer: I want that because that way i keep my ADHD motivational level so much higher than having to sit and type scribbles to print_console. Fun and entertainment is my goal

Last edited by Crackhead69; 12-27-2021 at 10:27.