View Single Post
ot_207
Veteran Member
Old 02-29-2012 , 13:56   Re: Block Speedhack v3 [All]
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse-clan View Post
Same thing happend at my server, but when I changed clockwindow to 10 the cheater could not move. If he uses speedhack he will freeze for 10 secounds if I'm right, and if the speedhack is constant for example 10 he will be frozen forever. And for speedhacks that can change speeds (by holding a key goes about 50 times faster) cheater would go about 10 meters and then stop, then go another 10 meters and your plugin would stop him and so on (with clockwindow set to 10 he freezes for 10 seconds and he'll probably press the speed key again thinking that it's not working therefore freezing for another 10 seconds). I know that disabling clockwindow should make it easier for plugin to detect speedhack, but speedhack is less efficient if clockwindow has a high value.
I will do some tests and come up with better cvars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSRB View Post
The default settings are the best right?
Test them and you will see, also report them back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier666 View Post
Can you give spd_slay 1/0?
Player gets slayed automatically when he speed hacks
I will not add this, blocking it is enough IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushelin View Post
Will it affect something in a Zombie Plague + war3ft mod server ? ... Cuz you know there are zombies with 310 movement speed and + boots ;) ...
I think not. Try it and if you see that players are being frozen from time to time and do not have speedhack then the plugin is affecting players.

Back, will come around when I have time.