AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 06-17-2016 , 13:44   Grenade Manager[V 0.2]
Reply With Quote #1

Grenade Manager 0.2
Release: 17.06.2016 | Last Update: 29.06.2016

Table of Contents

Description top

With this plugin you can do two things:
  • Drop grenades(with "drop" command, like for any other weapon.
  • Control the max ammount of grenades that a player can have.

1.Grenades Drop features:
  • Drop grenades.
  • Press "g"(default bind for drop command)
  • Grenades are properly dropped

2.Grenade Ammo features:
  • As you know, in CS you have have 1 HE/ 2 FL/ 1 SK
  • Now, you can choose how many grenades a player can buy/pickup via cvars.
  • All grenades are fully usable and no useless entities are created.

Requirements top

This doesn't require much special things, only:
  • Orpheu module.
  • A server without dproto.
    This is not generally needed, but I won't help you if you are running an outdated server with dproto. If you are experiencing problems, update your server/ fix the erros by yourself.
Installation top

To install the plugin:
  1. Download the resources from this post.
  2. Put grenade_manager.amxx in addons/amxmodx/plugins
  3. Open addons/amxmodx/configs/plugins.ini and add at the end of this file grenade_manager.amxx
  4. You can put the sma file into addons/amxmodx/sources but this is not mandatory.
  5. Download the Grenade Manager archive and copy everything from orpheu folder to server's orpheu folder.
  6. Restart the server/change map.

To install orpheu:
  1. Download orpheu_files-2.5.1.zip and extrat the arhive.
  2. Copy orpheu_amxx.dll/orpheu_amxx_i386.so depending on your operation system into addons/amxmodx/modules
  3. The module will be auto-loaded, you don't need to add it into modules.ini

To compile locally:
  • First way:
    1. Download AMX Mod X for windows/linux from main site
    2. Extract somewhere the arhive and remember the folder!
    3. Copy the content from include folder from the orpheu archive into addons/amxmodx/scripting/include( in the folder created in the step 2 ).
    4. Download the source of the plugin( grenade_manager.sma) from this post and drag it over the compile.exe(scripting folder from the archive created at step 2)
    5. It will create a new folder called compiled. Open it and you will find your compiled plugin( grenade_manager.amxx )
  • Second way:
    1. Go to http://spider.limetech.org/
    2. Copy/paste the code from the .sma file into the website.
    3. Under the big blue Compile button you see a box which Drop .inc files here
    4. Then press Compile and Download

If you don't know/want to compile locally, you can download the attached amxx file(not the one from Get Plugin link).

Cvars top
  • max_flashbangs: max ammount of flashbangs that a player can have in his inventory. Default 2
  • max_hegrenades: max ammount of hegrenades that a player can have in his inventory. Default 1
  • max_smokegrenades: max ammount of smokegrenades that a player can have in his inventory. Default 1
  • drop_grenades: 1 - allow grenade drop | 0 - block grenade drop
API top

grenade_manager.inc
PHP Code:
#if defined _grenade_manager_included
  #endinput
#endif
#define _grenade_manager_included

/**
    *  Called when player wants to drop a grenade
    *  @param id               PlayerIndex
    *  @param weaponClassName  Grenade classname
    *  @param weaponEntity     Grenade entity index that will be packed into the box
    *  @param weaponBoxEntity  Weapon box entity that will hold the grenade entity
    *  @param userBackpackAmmo Ammout of grenades that player has in his inventory(after packed it will be num - 1)

*  @note    Return PLUGIN_HANDLED or any value bigger than 1 to stop the forward.
            This also stop the grenade drop and default "This weapon cannot be dropped" message appears.
*/
forward OnGrenadeDrop(idweaponClassName[], weaponEntityweaponBoxEntityuserBackpackAmmo
The purpose is to be able to hook/alter/block a grenade drop. Forward is executed as pre.
ChangeLog top
  • V 0.1:
    • Initial release
  • V 0.2:
    • Fixed plugin not working on linux
    • Code cleaned
    • Added a forward
Downloads top
  • 0.2 version: 15
End Note:

This is pretty experimental, though I tested it and everything seems to work as intended. It does a lot of things that game is not made to do. I did my best to handle every case, but if you find any kind of bugs please report so I can fix them.
Code has some comments for explaining why some methods were choosed and not the others.
I have not tested in linux, but signatures and offsets look ok. If someone can check I would be glad.

You may also noticed the "Grenade Drop+Ammo Control" plugin, which is basically this one, but I removed it since it was broken. This version should be fully functional and the name is better IMO. I'm open to suggestions, anyway.

Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (grenade_manager.sma - 1397 views - 20.1 KB)
File Type: zip Grenade Manager.zip (11.0 KB, 547 views)
File Type: amxx grenade_manager.amxx (7.3 KB, 521 views)

Last edited by HamletEagle; 09-18-2016 at 05:35.