Thread: [Solved] loop entitys
View Single Post
MrPickles
Old 11-17-2022 , 23:29   Re: loop entitys
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Not sure what you're going on about in this post. When I decompile your version of the plugin, I get this:

Code:
0x8                        PROC              ; public plugin_init()
0xC                       BREAK 
0x10                      BREAK 
0x14                     PUSH.C  0x14       
0x1C                     PUSH.C  0x4        
0x24                       CALL  0x88        ; stock myFunction(myArray[])
0x2C                      BREAK 
0x30                     PUSH.C  0x20       
0x38                     PUSH.C  0x4        
0x40                       CALL  0x88        ; stock myFunction(myArray[])
0x48                      BREAK 
0x4C                     PUSH.C  0x24       
0x54                     PUSH.C  0x4        
0x5C                       CALL  0x88        ; stock myFunction(myArray[])
0x64                      BREAK 
0x68                     PUSH.C  0x40       
0x70                     PUSH.C  0x4        
0x78                       CALL  0x88        ; stock myFunction(myArray[])
0x80                   ZERO.pri 
0x84                       RETN
This proves that it was showing the argument being passed. It proves that with my function, passing myFunction({1,2,3}) and myFunction({1,2,3}, 3) are the same (and I've proven this with decompiled output too) which is what I said in one of my original posts trying to explain how my suggestion works.

Like I said, you seem to be disputing something I never asserted.

I've proven one of my earlier statements that you claimed was wrong. What do you think I'm trying to prove?
Let me make it more clear:

PHP Code:
__int_Array = { 02// here clearly I see that the size of the array is 3 and his values, is the same as the decompiler sees
__int_Array = { 024// here clearly I see that the size of the array is 4 and his values, is the same as the decompiler sees

myFunction( Array[] ) // How will I know the size of the array that will be put here each time that i want to use it?
{
       static 
len 
       len 
sizeof(myArray// I use this function to get the size of the array

I also didn't say that the size of the array was determined at compile time, because that's obvious, an array will always have a defined size.
what i said is that every time you use the function, the function will have to get the size of the array according to the array you put in it, like you did in your previous loop

As I was saying, you keep trying to prove something that you can't

It's obvious that you lowered the size of the arrays, it's not the first time I've used a decompiler, but it seems that you did, even so, if it weren't the case, simply removing sizeof saves a lot of data, which proves my theory

"my earlier statements"

As I said, it is one thing is to obtain the size of the array depending on what you put in it and when you use it, and another is for the decompiler to show you the data of the array that you put in it, as we all see, your declaration has nothing to do with the topic

The main issue was that, every time the function is used, the size of the array has to be obtained, for that the function, and what you say is all that we see with the naked eye, both the decompiler and the source, not when said function is used, because the size will be obtained according to the array when you put it and when that function is used

The only thing you do is prove that I was right, I really have a lot to do, and you definitely have a lot to learn basic things, I'll leave you "high level" XD

Last edited by MrPickles; 11-17-2022 at 23:47.