View Single Post
jsterling
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-10-2012 , 22:01   Re: Bans not showing on sourceban page
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
Um, it seems that nobody is getting to the real problem here. The Game Server is unable to even open the initial connection to you MySQL Server. So, either you are telling the GS to connect to the wrong IP or you have a firewall somewhere (either the source or the destination or inbetween) that is blocking the port.

I would start by checking your firewall settings on your VPS
I already asked about the firewall to which he responded there is none and I asked about making sure the IP was correct as well. I can see that it is refusing the initial connection but sourcebans also only gives a generic error output for pretty much every SQL error.

I tried to telnet his IP and port 3306 and it can't respond. Obviously my IP is not in his allowed hosts config but it should at least give a response telling me the connection was refused but it fails to even connect so either it is the wrong IP or there is some sort of firewall blocking it.

Only so much we can do if he says theres no firewall and the IP is correct. If I had to guess I would guess the IP is wrong.

Last edited by jsterling; 11-10-2012 at 22:05.
Send a message via AIM to jsterling