View Single Post
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-26-2020 , 19:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.0) [24-Feb-2020]
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoanganh81097 View Post
Without l4dt. Plugin cant spawn more SI. Can you help me replace this with left4dhooks ?
So for now this is a limitation with the plugin version. The extension seems to be loaded before the director processes variables while plugins load after.

Might have a solution for version 1.2+ by calling the variables to be read again, or providing a native to force specified variable keys to be read again in turn firing the forward. The latter would require changes to existing plugins whose variables are processed too early for the plugin detours/forwards. The latter would also be easier and guaranteed while the former might only work on specific variables being called to re-check.

An ugly solution would be storing a list of all variables (or at least known ones required or processed before the plugin) and calling them all to be rechecked thereby firing the GetScript* forwards. I'm tempted to go with this method which saves numerous additional signatures or modifications to existing plugins. Very tempted to add this, might even for 1.1

Will release 1.1 next few hours once I finish the notes on it.

Last edited by Silvers; 02-26-2020 at 19:56.