View Single Post
WebNoob
Old 12-25-2016 , 00:23   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.0.5 / Updated January 29th 2016)
Reply With Quote #1746

Just a heads-up,

I've had some players reporting some strange behavior in TF2 for AFK's since the Smissmass update.

Specifically:

Quote:
There might be a glitch that some players cannot currently control where they end up in the enemy spawn instead of being booted to AFK (especially if teams are unbalanced)

I've not been able to confirm this is the case but I did see the command "A player has been moved to spectate for being afk" then a few minutes later realize there was an "enemy" afk in spawn.

Yea today on twofort I went AFK then when I came back I was still in spawn as red (I was red when I went AFK) I went out swinging like I normally do and accidently destroyed an engie with a random crit.

Going spec does not make you immune to damage though... it basically just makes you your own spectator team.

If/ when someone kills you, you will THEN be put into actual spectator mode.

So basically if you can kill your own team/ friendly fire. You need to type "explode" into console then rejoin the team.
While I'm relatively certain this is another consequence of the change in the autobalance system, I'm not sure if it is this plugin, or another underlying SM plugin/extension that needs updating.