View Single Post
scso1502
Old 04-08-2015 , 22:24   Re: Autoban on SpinHack detections
Reply With Quote #13

Well, after placing this on my 25 servers a week ago, I have had the following results:

- 29 total players were banned for a SMAC Spinhack detection.
- 5 of those detected players were VAC banned within 24 hours of their SMAC Spinhack detection
- 10 players were confirmed as spinning around or otherwise goofing-off so their bans were lifted
- 14 bans were upheld without being VAC Banned

With nearly a 1/3 of the players being banned for behavior that was not actually cheating, it was definitely a good choice for the SMAC team to be cautious about the SMAC Spinhack detector and only giving warnings. The detector is doing its job, it just needs a little help to discern which players are actually cheating and which ones are screwing around and just having fun.

While reviewing past SMAC Spinhack detections through the hundreds of logs for our servers, I notice virtually every player who was later VAC Banned and had a Spinhack detection had 5 or more consecutive Spinhack detections in a short period of time. I honestly believe if this plugin had a configurable setting to ban after a certain number of Spinhack detections over a certain time period and that setting was set at 5 Spinhack detections in 1 minute, the vast majority of players caught accidentally would be virtually eliminated and the cheaters would still be caught with almost certain guaranteed results.

If at all possible, could the above be added to this plug-in? Unfortunately I will be forced to remove it if it can't The number of accidental bans and the workload of protests it's generating are too much to deal with right now. I sure love the plugin so I hope it can.

Thank you for the consideration and the great job on the plugin!

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 07-23-2015 at 01:18.