View Single Post
thevisad
Old 04-26-2010 , 16:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #658

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
I'm sorry but not sure what your problem is. Have you tried restarting the server/services? You're first to report of such problems.
Repeatedly... The machine, the servers, services, I have killed everything on the server and restarted the web services as well ( I am using a LAMP stack ). I started noticing a noticeable lag in the game after the last patch and couldn't figure out why. I began looking at the server and found my CPU holding at 100%. I began looking into the issue and noticed that the only thing that seems to be slow is this site and only certain aspects of it. Since L4D2 loads this each time a player loads into the server and there possibility of them browsing for a second, it has been killing the server and now I am only able to run 8 when I stop displaying this page on launch.
Killing L4D2 does not seem to affect the server response in anyway. Do I need to do something with the databases to resolve this? I have never touched them since the day it was installed, other to upgrade/update when this thread was.

Zombies Killed: 6,707,581
Players Served: 37,406

I have not pruned any data, I have the config file set to 1 month to clean players.
I did run a repair and optimization on the tables.

Players Online works fine.
Player Rankings is slow to load but loads fine.
Coop/Realism/Versus/Scavenge/Survival/Server/Player stats and Timed Maps takes a long time (30-60 seconds), spikes the HTTPD process and exits to a white page.

The site page is
http://steam.hngamers.com/l4d2/awards.php

Last edited by thevisad; 04-26-2010 at 16:26. Reason: minor updates