View Single Post
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-08-2006 , 16:49   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by faluco
I dont mind changing my code for your editor, and apart of debugging i dont want to load up more that plugin.
If You don't want to change Your code at all - how do You want to prevent any side effects I've described here?
I forgot also to tell You one thing more - if someone switched on itemmode with Your version (without any communication between plugins) the gun menu was still appearing, so there was no sense to try to find any items on the ground if the player still had gun menu...

Before - You were talking something about some forwards for communication between plugins, now - since I showed You some kind of little necessity of modyfing Your plugin - You are telling me You are not going to change Your code at all. I don't want to post separate item editor plugin which will badlly interfere with Your plugin (then You will say to everyone it's because I wrote item editor baddly). I can post both separate plugins: item editor and Your itemmode with the modyfications I need for communication if You don't have time to work on it (I believe You are too much busy to focus on this right now). But making the itemeditor as a separate plugin, then releasing it with current itemmode plugin (without that communication) is a bad idea. I don't want to answer at forum to the people "Why do I have double items" or "I have troubles with editing ent cfg files becuse item mode knows nothing about that what I edited" this way "Please, switch off itemmode while editing the map with entites". It will be neverending asking about the same...
Another thing is this - I still didn't get Your arguing about debugging problem since - as I said - about half of the code used by itemeditor is... Your. But this is a separate question - I don't think we need to discuss it here at the forum. I smell You are rather afraid to take over some responsability for the code which is not Your. So maybe I should delete then my betas from the forum to let You write itemeditor plugin Your-self? What I saw is this - You guys, are very busy so You don't have time to improve/extend the functionality of CSDM 2.1 Your-self. The people were asking about few things - I showed some ways to resolve the problems they were asking about. I wanted to help with this, but seems You don't want my help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faluco
It's obvious the risk is going to be much higher with itemmode, dont say its going to be the same, because the ent load on the server is going to be much higher so think about it.
You may prevent overload entities very easy - on every drop You need to check how many items is there on the map (I don't remember the function name, but there is some function telling how many entities is currently on the map). Then if that number will be about the max (something about 1400? - I have to ask orangutanz about the exact number, You can even subtract some safe reserver and check for example - 1300) - You can remove dropped items instantly...It shouldn't be so much complicated...It should be even managed in the csdm_main plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Logic
I see you did not take in mind an idea of picking up a weapon as ammo bonus if you already have the same weapon. Is it declined?
I haven't got yet any reply from BAILOPAN how it should work.

Last edited by KWo; 12-08-2006 at 16:57.